Today Maccoy went and registered for kindergarten. The poor girl is soooooo excited that she can't stand it. I thought she was going to be like those dogs that pee on the floor every time the door bell rings.
Maccoy jumped in and did all that she was asked. She did really well for not having the range of motion that she should have in her thumb yet. She got her stitches out on Thursday.
She past her vision and hearing screening. She hardly missed any on her lowercase letters and she didn't miss anything else.
She met her teacher today. Her teachers name is Mrs. Mathews. After we got done registering we went and checked out the library and talked to the librarian Mrs. Orton (I know her from working at Parown elementary and i use to work for her at the pizza barn) We also got to talk to Mr. Porter the principle. Maccoy just thought it was so neat to see the school and meet all these new people. Maccoy told me that she was going to make so many new friends and she couldn't wait. We also went to her classroom and checked it out. She cant wait to get a backpack to hang up at school.(she already has a backpack picked out) Then we went and checked out the lunch room.
Maccoy wants to eat at the lunch room and she doesn't want to wait another whole year! (Till 1st grade)
When we were in the van coming home she could not stop talking about going to school. All I can say is this is going to be a long long long long 5 months before school starts. I am so happy and glad for her. I cant wait for her to start school. I don't think i have ever seen her this excited to do something before.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Kindergarten Registration
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I hear you. Brad talks non stop about starting k-garten. It is going to be a long summer.
At least they want to go!! There was a kid crying and screaming that he did not want to go to school what so ever!
Post a Comment