CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 20, 2009

Counting Blessings

I was talking to one of my cousins and i got this idea from her. Well part of it. She was telling me about a blog that she had seen and how they were counting their blessings every day in the month of November and posting them on their blog. You know what your thankful for and why. Well I want to try to take it to the next level. I want to count my blessings for the whole year. So by the time I am done i will have counted 365 blessings. I want to do this in the hopes that it will help me to be more of a grateful person and maybe look at the world with a little more gratitude. There is a song called "Count your blessings" In this song it says "Count your many blessing; name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done." I want to be surprised i want to see just how lucky i am. I know that i am lucky but i know that i forget and I get wishing that i had what someone else has. So this next year i don't want to be that way i want to know what i have been blessed with so i will name a blessing for each day.
Just to let you know I will try to post one every day but i know that i cant get on and post every day because i do have little kids, a husband that works long hours so when he is home i want to spend time with him and not on the computer. Life happens too. I will post 365 blessing by this time next year. So you might get 3 or 4 blessings all on one day but you'll be OK with that wont you.

Day 1
I am thankful for my bunt pan that my neighbor gave me some time ago. Why am i grateful for my bunt pan? Well today i was making banana bread and i had to much mix for 1 bread pan but i didn't feel that i had enough for 2 bread pans so i got out the bunt pan and it worked out just right. The kids got a kick out of banana bread looking like a cake. (me too). So there you have it on day one i am grateful for a BUNT PAN.

0 comments: