CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lindsay


We made it to the hospital at 6:30am. Being the mom that I am I was up at 4:30am. ( Colton helped with the 4:30 thing) but I still didn't sleep well all night. Back to the story. We got Lindsay checked in and they had her put on a tiger gown. She wanted her daddy to be in the picture with her. Then after we got all the paper work done and all the different people came and talked to us, they came and got Lindsay in a little red wagon. She was so happy to go for a ride with her baby and pink blanket. They took her for surgery at 7:30am and she was back to us by 8:10am. She had to be able to tell the nurse yes when they asked if she wanted mom and dad. Lindsay had to drink some juice before she could come home. She wasn't to thrilled to have juice so they let her have a Popsicle. She loved the Popsicle.
The last picture shows her hand. We have to keep the bandage on for 2 weeks. We have to keep it clean and dry!! I have no clue how i am going to do that with a 2 year old that is right handed. We have to feed her because she is right handed. Some things she is OK with but others she needs help with.
Lindsay is doing great. I haven't had to give her any of the really heavy pain killers just the stuff that you would give them when they are sick. This surgery hasn't slowed her down one bit. Today was hard just because all the kids have been up since 5 am. The kids really did do great today!! No crying, well till we told them they had to take a nap and when we told them they had to go to bed. That happens every day!!











1 comments:

Jason and Michele said...

I'm SOOOO glad everything went okay. It's always scarry to deal with surgery. Things rarely go wrong, but you always have that worry in the pit of your stomach. Good luck keeping it dry and clean. You're gonna need it! :)