OK so i don't know ware to start!! I took Lindsay into the ER on New Years eve because here thumb was bent and it was hurting her!
The ER doctor said that she had a sprang but it didn't think it was a sprang but what do i know I'm not a doctor. He told me that her thumb would be better in a week or two. Well 3 weeks later I took her to our doctor (Monday Jan 19) and he told me that i needed to take her to a specialist and have it checked out!! Well Dr. Gray's office made the appointment for us. Well we went to Dr. Nakken and he told me that Lindsay had whats called trigger finger and that she needed surgery with in the next two weeks because it would just keep getting worse and it would get to the point that her thumb would be so bent that it would touch her hand and she would not be able to move it. So Lindsay will have surgery tomorrow morning. We have to be at the hospital at 6:30am. It is same day surgery.
Its not the surgery that scares me its her getting put under!! And its my child that it is happening too. She is only 2. She is to little to go through all this. The sad thing is she is having surgery before me!! I will post more on how she is doing as soon as i can!! These are photos of her thumb. She cant straighten it at all!!
Here is a link to a web site that tells about trigger finger. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/trigger-finger/DS00155
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Thumb Surgery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Oh my gosh, Steph! I'm so sorry! I know how it feels though. When we got Nathan back at two years old, His teeth were rotted clear to the gums from drinking pepsi in a bottle, so he had to have same day surgery to have his teeth removed and lots of cavities filled. It will all be over soon and I'll be praying for you.
Post a Comment