CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A few of my favorite things

One of my favorite things is to watch the crop dusters spraying the fields. They usually spray every spring. There was one spring that they didn't spray and I was sad. I thought that my days of watching the crop dusters was over.
The first time that i ever seen them spraying, it woke me up. I heard a low flying airplane. ( the airport is small, only people who own planes and crop dusters fly out of Parown airport) I ran out side to see if the plane was going to hit my house or not. It flew over me. If it was any lower i think that it would have hit my trees. I didn't know what was going on till i seen them go really low and liquid coming out of the plane then i kind of put two and two together. I had never seen them spray before so it was all new to me. Now any time i hear them or see them going over the top of my house i run out and stand in my driveway and watch them. They get so low and come so close that when they turn you can see the pilot and what they are waring!! My girls love to watch them too. Maccoy told me this last time to go and get my camera because that would be the coolest picture.

The top picture you can see the underside of the plane and see the sprayers.



this is a picture of them turning and going back for another pass.. Some times i think that the pilot tries to showoff and he does some really steep turns. I love to watch them. Its one of the coolest things. Its better then TV.





Here he is spraying in what we call the big field. The big field is a lot of little fields put together. Another words a lot of people own sections. Here he is spraying south to north but most of the time they spray west to east and east to west. When they spray from the east or west they come over the top of my house and our neighbors the Milks.






One more pass before he is done. Its just the coolest things that i have seen. I just hope that they don't quit doing it. They get so low in the fields that some time they go back to the airport with some of the hay in the wheels.

0 comments: